TMC is providing this information for healthcare workers in the state of Tennessee. Tennessee has adopted Chapter 0800-01-12 Occupational Safety and Health Standards Covid-19 Emergency Temporary Rule.
Many outpatient medical + dental practices, will be exempt from the requirements of this rule. Non-hospital-based ambulatory care settings will be able to claim the exemption by demonstrating that all non-workers are screened for indication of COVID-19 prior to entry.
If your practice/facility does not meet one of the listed exemptions, all the following requirements of the COVID-19 ETS must be in place:
- A written COVID-19 plan for employers with 10 or more employees.
- Patient screening and management.
- Policies + procedures to adhere to the standard and transmission-based precautions.
- PPE, including face masks while workers are indoors
- Limit exposure and disinfect areas when engaging in aerosol-generating procedures with individuals with known or suspected cases of COVID-19.
- Physical distancing while indoors.
- Clean + disinfect in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Paid leave for vaccinations and recovery.
- Anti-retaliation protections.
- COVID-19 log with 10 or more employees.
- Reporting COVID-19 fatalities and hospitalizations
Employers must also comply with the following items
- Daily health screenings.
- Employee notification of employers if an employee tests positive for COVID-19, suspects they have COVID-19, or have symptoms.
- Employer notification of employees within 24 hours of known cases.
- Removal of employees from the workplace in accordance with CDC guidance
- For employers with more than 10 employees, medical removal protection benefits for isolated or quarantined employees.