It’s not uncommon for teams to have questions regarding OSHA and HIPAA regulations. We’ve outlined the following answers to some of the most common OSHA and HIPAA questions.
OSHA: Which of the following requirements are necessary with the implementation of a Respiratory Protection Plan? Choose one.
- Written plan only
- Written plan and medical evaluation
- Written plan, medical evaluation, initial and annual fit testing, and training
- Written plan, medical evaluation, and training
Once it is determined through a hazard assessment that respirator use will be implemented to reduce exposure to airborne pathogens, the Respiratory Protection Standard 1910.134 comes in to play and several items are required: Written respiratory protection plan, Medical evaluation for employees who will use the respirator, Initial and annual testing, and Training. See the October 2020 newsletter for more details.
HIPAA: The October issue included an article about how a simple inventory list reduces risk. Which of the following should be included on an inventory lists according to this article? Choose one.
- Computers, laptops, servers
- Software programs
- Remote users and personal devices used for work (Bring Your Own Device – BYOD)
- Devices that have been updated or replaced
- All of the above
HIPAA Answer: E. All of the above