OSHA: How many COVID19 tests has the FDA granted?
Twenty-two in vitro diagnostic tests has been granted to developers as of March 30, 2020. These tests are human samples that can be taken from blood or tissue and are used to detect diseases or other conditions. More than 100 laboratories have begun using their own tests because the FDA has validated the need for emergency tests and waived the typical approval process during this pandemic.
More information can be found under Testing, Diagnosis, and Notification at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/faq.html#resources.
HIPAA: COVID19 scams-what you should know
Scammers are using phishing emails, posing as reputable agencies to disperse information about coronavirus, and attempting to exploit consumers with robocalls. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) offers the following tips:
- Do not respond to calls or texts that seem suspicious.
- Be cautious if there is pressure to share any information immediately.
- Do not click on embedded links.
- Remember that government agencies will never call to request payments or personal information by phone.
- Be sure to verify that the company name is legitimate.