Virginia Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan
We have now updated this Plan to the Virginia Permanent Standard that went into effect on January 27, 2021!
TMC is pleased to present an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan to meet the requirements of the Virginia Permanent Standard Infectious Disease and Prevention: SARS-CoV-2 Virus That Causes COVID – 19 §16VAC25-220. A written Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan must be updated to reflect changes in the standard or created and implemented by March 26, 2021, for groups that fall into the very high, high, and medium with 11 or more workers’ level of risk.
The plan which will be presented electronically in a PDF fillable format, which allows for customization to meet the specific needs of the business, will address the following:
- Assignment of an Administrator of the plan
- Determining levels of risk based on job tasks and site
- Where, how, and to what sources of the virus might employees be exposed
- Risk factors that may lead to the risk of severe illness if exposed
- Engineering, work practice controls, and PPE that are being utilized
- Contingency operations as a result of outbreaks
- Basic infection control practices to reduce the spread of the virus
- CDC Recommendations