Our North Carolina Dental Radiation Safety Manual contains:
- Safe Work Practices and policies. The NC Radiation Protection Agency requires written radiation safety plans and employee training for those who take X-rays in the dental office.
- Quality Control (QC) Program Information. Industry experts and equipment manufacturers recommend these quality controls, and you select the appropriate QC activities for your practice.
- State regulations and Reference guides. Links to State regulations and a list of other important forms will be provided.
- Operating forms. These will assist with daily operations and are required by OSHA and Radiation Regulations.
- Guidance on managing a complete Radiation Program. These are available resources from government agencies and industry associations that includes CDC guidelines for Infection Control, recycling information, lead apron disposal, and more.
- Equipment inventory and document retention. Inspectors will check that all equipment has been registered with the agency and that you have access to the required documents when they visit your office.