NC Infection Control Curriculum for Outpatient Settings
Dates: September 8 & 15, 2021
December 1 & 8, 2021
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm EDT
Price: $240/person Includes both sessions TMC Clients: $175/person
Please click Buy Now and choose the date that works best for you.
Compliance with industry-standard infection control guidelines is good for patients, employees, and practices. Failure to follow them can result in serious infections. NC Infection Control Curriculum for Outpatient Settings is offered in two three-hour sessions, one week apart. Employee training webinars offer the opportunity to ask questions and still meet all infection control training requirements. One of the risks in any procedure is the transmission of disease or infection. This employee training webinar will give you the tools you need to be sure that your patients receive the excellent care that is the cornerstone of your practice. Practical solutions to your infection control challenges will be provided as basic principles of epidemiology, disinfection, sterilization, and techniques to reduce the spread of infection are reviewed. In addition, discussion of CDC guidelines and recommendations provided by such organizations as OSAP and APIC will be an important part of this employee training presentation, thus positioning your practice to provide a safe environment for both patients and employees.*
In order to receive continuing education credit for this session, you MUST be logged in using your assigned link you receive after registering.
- In North Carolina, every healthcare organization that performs invasive procedures (including injections) is required to designate a credentialed staff person to receive infection control training and implement an infection control program. This infection control curriculum, developed by the Statewide Program for Infection Control and Epidemiology and approved by the NC Department of Public Health, prepares designated healthcare providers to implement the North Carolina rule, 10A NCAC 41A .0206 INFECTION PREVENTION – HEALTH CARE SETTINGS. Karen Gregory is an approved provider of the NC Curriculum for Infection Control in Outpatient Settings.
- Recognize the content of two pertinent NC laws concerning infection control
- Describe measures to protect against exposure to blood or body fluids
- Explain the principles of epidemiology
- Discuss the principles and practices of asepsis
- Explain steps to ensure instruments are properly processed to ensure patient safety
- Describe an effective infection control program
Training Webinar Agenda/Topics Covered
- Pertinent NC Laws
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Instruments Disinfection/Sterilization
- Environmental Infection Control
- Prevention of Disease Transmission
- Medical Waste
- Prevention Strategies
Lecturer – Karen Gregory, RN
Karen has over 20 years of experience working in the outpatient environment, both at the front line delivering patient care and in the management arena. She is passionate about both employee and patient safety and takes every possible opportunity to improve the quality of healthcare for all involved. Karen is currently the Director of Compliance and Education for Total Medical Compliance where she develops compliance materials in addition to training consultants, as well as clients. She is a frequent speaker for professional organizations and at conferences nationwide on OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control. Karen has been selected as a Hu-Friedy Key Opinion Leader, is on the Editorial Review Board for the OSAP publication Infection Control in Practice and serves on the Board of Directors for OSAP.
Attendance & Cancellation
Cancellations prior to the last 10 days will be eligible to receive a full refund. Cancellations received within 10 days of the webinar date may transfer their registration to another date. No refunds will be provided.
Total Medical Compliance is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Total Medical Compliance designates this activity for 5.5. continuing education credits. The entire course must be attended in full; no partial credit will be awarded.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission of Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA .org/CERP.
*We reserve the right to cancel the webinar if there are not enough attendees.
Total Medical Compliance 888.862.6742